Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photography Business Minute . . .

I wanted to throw a few things out there for up and coming photographers. I sat in on a workshop last night from MCP regarding curves in photoshop. Jodi teaches a lot of different things and is very helpful, her classes are also very affordable, 1 to 2 hours and you do it right from home on your computer, so check her out!
Also, I went to Carin Davis' create workshop months ago to learn how to use my camera better, I STRONGLY recommend this class to anyone trying to learn how to shoot in "manual".
Lastly one of my favorite things right now is my HUEY monitor calibrator, it's a tool that helps the images on your screen look just like they will when they print out! I love it and have been so pleased to see my prints look EXACTLY like they do on my screen, a real important part of your business. So check it out and shoot on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann--weird thing happened today. I went over to my friends house in my ward---I noticed an invitation on her counter. And the reason it caught my eye was cuz it was a picture of that couple you took at the fruit stand. It was their wedding invataion...LOL! I told my friend---OH, I know her. {well I don't really know HER...but I know OF her...lol}
funny---
LUVED the invitations tho--super darling-ness! :)

Vanessa said...

Lori,
I LOVE your work!!!! WOW! Thank you for the comment :) I will be back for sure! Your color is AMAZING! And thanks for the tips. It is always nice for us newbies!

Vanessa said...

Sorry Ann, I hit the wrong blog haha! But I still love your work and think your great!